Dr. Irving Riley, an expert in treating facial trauma, jaw injuries, and deformities of the face, mouth, cheeks, and jaw originally from New Orleans, is certified by the board as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. Dr. Riley has a bachelor's degree from Dillard University located in his hometown of New Orleans followed by a Doctor of Dental Surgery which he earned from Howard University School of surgery in Washington D. C.. In addition to holding these degrees, he was also awarded a Master's in Public Health from Tulane University School of Public Health and Topical Medicine in New Orleans.
Dr. Riley has been working clinically for over 40 years and even taught as an associate professor in the Oral and Maxillofacial Department at the University of Detroit Mercy Dental School. His passion for teaching young dental professionals has led him to give lectures at various hospitals nearby.
Dr. Riley has also served as a leader in many professional and civic organizations such as dental director for Fulton County, Georgia, the Detroit Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and more.
Current affiliations and certifications
- Member, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Candidate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (ABOMS)
- Member, American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member, California Dental Association (CDA)
- Member, Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS/BLS)
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
- Advanced trauma life support (ATLS)