Request an appointment:
Lewis Clayman, DMD, MD, has been serving the Benicia community for all their oral and maxillofacial surgery needs for the last 10 years. Prior to joining the Benicia Oral Surgery practice he was the oral and maxillofacial residential director at Sinai Hospital of Detroit and St. Joseph Oakland Hospital for over two decades. While living in the Detroit area, Dr. Clayman also served as a department chair at the University of Detroit School of surgery from 1998 through 2003.
Dr. Clayman is an expert in implantology, oncology, and reconstructive and TMJ surgery. He holds a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Brooklyn College, a master’s degree in physiology from Wayne State University, a Doctor of Medicine in surgery from Harvard School of Dental Medicine, and a Medical Doctorate from Drexel University School of Medicine.
Valuing volunteer work, Dr. Clayman has offered his dental knowledge in fixing cleft palates and facial reconstruction in India, Nepal, Brazil, Peru, Mexico, Columbia, and Ethiopia.
Current affiliations and certifications
- Member, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Candidate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (ABOMS)
- Member, American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member, California Dental Association (CDA)
- Member, Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS/BLS)
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
- Advanced trauma life support (ATLS)