A board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Mahr Elder, DDS, MD, completed his residency at the University of Detroit/Henry Ford Hospital and offers expertise in facial trauma, TMJ disorders, dental implants, wisdom teeth removal, and oral pathology. He holds his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of the Pacific and a Medical Doctorate from Wayne State University.
As a part of both the Novato & Vallejo Oral Surgery teams, Dr. Elder provides his services to the Novato, California community along with Marin County and the San Francisco Bay area. Always helping patients to be comfortable and relaxed in the office, he offers pain-free sedation and anesthesia services.
Dedicated to serving the local community, Dr. Elder provides free orthodontic care to children and teens living in Marin County through the Smile for a Lifetime Foundation.
He has volunteered abroad, providing valuable dental surgery services to the people of rural Mexico and Ethiopia.
Current affiliations and certifications
- Member, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Candidate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (ABOMS)
- Member, American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member, California Dental Association (CDA)
- Member, Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS/BLS)
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
- Advanced trauma life support (ATLS)