Dr. H. Brian Sun is a professionally qualified jaw and implant surgeon. He also works at Western University College of Dental Medicine as a Clinical Assistant Professor as well as a Clinical Instructor at the University of the Pacific Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Before he started his career in oral and maxillofacial surgery, he was a molecular biologist at the UCLA Center for Oral/Head & Neck Oncology Research.
He has also contributed to many scientific papers on the subjects of oral surgery, orthognathic surgery, sleep apnea, trauma, pathology, and anesthesiology. Until this day, he continues to serve as a scientific reviewer to several publications.
In his spare time, Dr. Sun enjoys traveling, exploring classical music, hiking, and spending time with his family. He is also an amateur violinist and an automobile enthusiast.
Current affiliations and certifications
- Member, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Candidate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (ABOMS)
- Member, American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member, California Dental Association (CDA)
- Member, Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS/BLS)
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
- Advanced trauma life support (ATLS)